Chicken Tsukune Dumplings with Firm Tofu. There are already several mini-burger or tsukune dumpling type of recipes here, but here's another one. What can I say – mini-burgers are just perfect for bentos: they taste good when they are cold, can be made in quantity, and usually freeze very well. This time it's a shrimp and tofu version, adapted.
However, I learned this trick from my mom to knead the. Japanese Chicken Meatballs called 'Tsukune' are one of the regular yakitori dish items. Soft and bouncy chicken meatballs are skewered and chargrilled with sweet soy sauce, i.e. yakitori sauce. You can have Chicken Tsukune Dumplings with Firm Tofu using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tsukune Dumplings with Firm Tofu
- It’s 250 grams of Ground chicken.
- You need 200 grams of Firm tofu.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need of If you want to use up one 300 g pack of tofu, use 350 g of ground meat.
- Prepare 1 of ◉ Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◉Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◉ Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ◉ Grated ginger.
- You need 1 of sprinkled on the surface ◉ Herbed salt (optional).
- You need 1 of use equal amounts of each ingredient! Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ◎ Soy sauce (or mentsuyu).
- It’s 2 tbsp of ◎Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ◎Sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ◎Mirin.
- You need of The sauce reduced to nothing very quickly, so pay attention!.
- It’s 1 of Garnish: lettuce, sesame seeds, parsley, etc..
The key to my soft and juicy meatballs is the grated onion and the amount of fat in the chicken mince. These delicious gochujang tofu dumplings have a spicy Korean-inspired filling and crispy sesame seed Choose a firm or extra firm tofu, and press it to squeeze out extra water before cooking. My favorite animal is the tiger, but I'd rather hug a chicken. I love to cook and bake and want to share.
Chicken Tsukune Dumplings with Firm Tofu step by step
- Combine the ground chicken, tofu (no need to drain it), onion and ◉ ingredients. Mix well!.
- Combine the ◎ ingredients..
- Divide the meat-tofu mixture and form into patties of the size you like! If it sticks to your hands, use water or oil on your hands to prevent that! Brown both sides and then cover with a lid to steam cook!.
- When the burgers are cooked, add the combined sauce ingredients to the frying pan! Coat the burgers with the sauce while cooking over medium heat to reduce the sauce! I cook the burgers until the sauce is almost gone..
- Serve and you're done! Add lettuce or sesame seeds or dried parsley etc. to taste..
These tofu and kimchi dumplings are perfect for parties. The filling includes tofu, kimchi, carrots, shallots, and spices. To give these dumplings flavor, I paired the tofu with kimchi. The tofu helps mellow out the flavors of the kimchi. When you are preparing the filling, make sure to chop the kimchi.