Sauté Upo (bottle gourd) with chicken strip. How to cook Ginisang Upo with Chicken Ingredients are in the video, watch until the end, please like, subscribe and comment below, see you in the next video. Ginisang Upo sa Manok (Sautéed Bottle Gourd with Chicken). Filipino Foods Pulutan At Iba Pa.
Aside from ground meat, fish and other seafood can also be added when cooking this delicious dish. Upo, or bottle gourd, is an easy vegetable to prepare! Just cut it up and saute with some flavorful ingredients. You can have Sauté Upo (bottle gourd) with chicken strip using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauté Upo (bottle gourd) with chicken strip
- It’s 1 of large upo peeled and sliced.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Oil.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 200 grams of deboned chicken breast.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Even the simple ginisa trinity, the garlic, onions, and tomatoes, can be enough to add to upo! Scoop out the chicken, cool and separate the meat from the bones. Heat the cooking oil in a large pot. Saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes until they.
Sauté Upo (bottle gourd) with chicken strip instructions
- In a wide pan or wok over medium heat, heat oil..
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened..
- Add chicken and cook, occasionally stirring, until lightly browned..
- Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until meat is tender and liquid is reduced to about ½ cup..
- Increase heat to medium. Add upo and cook, uncovered, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until half done..
- Add oyster sauce and stir to distribute. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 to 4 minutes or upo is tender yet crisp. Serve immediately..
Upo is called a bottle gourd in English because of its elongated shape. The plant has the scientific name Lagenaria siceraria. Its fruit is a very popular vegetable in the Philippines. You can simply sauté it with ground beef to make ginisang upo, which literally means "sautéed bottlegourd." Calabash, opo/upo or bottle gourd is frequently used in Southeast Asian cuisine either as a stir fry or in a soup. You can prepare the gourd by its.