Cottage Pie. Classic, epic Cottage Pie made properly, with a luscious filling. Cottage Pie – comfort food central! This English classic has a deeply savoury beef mince filling smothered in gravy topped with creamy.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- You need of Fillings:.
- Prepare 300 g of Chicken Thigh Skinless Boneless,.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Ras El Hanout,.
- You need 1 TSP of Mushroom Powder,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Peanut / Sunflower / Grapeseed / Canola Oil,.
- You need 2 of Leeks White Parts Only Coarsely Sliced,.
- It’s of Carrots Thinly Sliced, 6 Preferably Non-GMO & Organic.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of White Pepper,.
- It’s 200 g of Shittake Mushrooms Blitz Finely In Food Processor,.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Tomato Puree,.
- It’s 200 g of White Wine (I'm using Pinot),.
- Prepare 500 g of Chicken Stock,.
- It’s 1 Handful of Tarragon Coarsely Sliced,.
- Prepare of Mashed:.
- You need of Cauliflower Florets, 800g Adjust To Skillet Size.
- You need 2 TBSP of Unsalted Butter,.
- Prepare 50 g of Chicken Stock,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of White Pepper,.
This DELICIOUS Cottage Pie is made with a mixture of ground beef, ground sausage, and mixed vegetables in a delicious gravy and baked under a layer of fluffy mashed potatoes. Easy to make, this delicious cottage pie is packed with veggies, mince, and a big dash of Worcestershire sauce for an extra kick of flavour. This comforting cottage pie is packed with the. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Gizzi's original recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upx6zhTV1iU.
- Prepare the fillings. Dice chicken thigh to about 1/2 inch cubes. Transfer into a shallow bowl. Add in ras el hanout & mushroom powder. Coat the chicken well with the spices and seasoning. Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge for 1 to 2 hrs..
- You can prep the rest of the mise en place while the chicken is marinading.* In a skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the chicken. Give the chicken a good sear on all sides. Remove the chicken and transfer it onto a plate..
- Using the same skillet, add in leeks and carrots. Deglaze, picking up all the nooks and crannies. Season with salt & pepper. Once the carrots are slightly softened, add in mushrooms, garlic, tomato puree and tarragon..
- Saute until well combined. Add in white wine and deglaze the skillet. Add in the chicken and all the juices on the plate. Lastly, add in the chicken stock. Stir until well combined. Turn the heat down to low and bring it up to a slow simmer..
- Cover and cook until the liquid has reduced to 1/4. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Taste & adjust for seasonings with salt & pepper. Remove from heat. While the fillings are cooking, prepare the mashed..
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius or 400 fahrenheit. Blitz cauliflower florets finely in a food processor. Transfer into a sauce pot over medium heat. Add in butter and chicken stock. Mix until well combined..
- You can see that the cauliflower starts becoming like mashed potatoes. Transfer this mixture back into the food processor. Blitz until light, fluffy and smooth. Taste & adjust for seasonings with salt & pepper. Transfer onto the fillings..
- Smooth out with a spatula. You can go fancy and use a piping bag to create some artsy design. I am just using a fork to create some sort of lines-design. Wack into the oven and bake for 20 to 30 mins or until the mashed is browned. Remove from oven, scoop portions onto serving plates and serve immediately..
- For the detailed recipe video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMe9WCflpSR/.
Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery.