Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken. Cut the chicken legs off the thighs and cut the. Make the jerk rub by combining the salt, allspice, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic, nutmeg, pepper, ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and thyme. While chicken broils, prepare rice mixture.
The trick to making oven baked jerk chicken is to marinade it overnight then broil it in the oven for a crispy caramelized skin. The flavor comes from the marinade which is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Sweet from the molasses and spicy from the habanero. You can cook Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken
- You need 12 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- It’s 2 of habaneros/scotch bonnets (seeds removed).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of veg oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of jerk spice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of gochujang (optional).
This recipe is a great make ahead meal. Oven baked chicken with this jerk marinade is pretty much as tasty as when it is grilled. The chicken is moist and tender and jerk marinade crisps up and creates a nice coating on the chicken. If desired, you can remove the skin and coat the skinless chicken in the marinade.
Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken instructions
- Blend all marinade ingredients until smooth..
- Marinate chicken overnight..
- Bake covered at 350 then bake for another half hour uncovered. Broil for the last 5 minutes for crispy skin..
I find the skin helps to keep the chicken moist during the cooking. You can add a wire before placing the chicken in the baking pan so excess grease will drip down into the pan. Put yellow onion, green onions, garlic, habanero peppers, fresh thyme, kosher salt, black pepper, allspice, dried thyme, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice, respectively, in a blender and blend until marinade is completely smooth. Place a wire rack on a baking tray lined with foil. Place the drumsticks on the rack and baste the top with half the Marinade.